200g plain flour
50g pure icing sugar or powdered caster sugar
125g butter, chopped and softened
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 tbsp very cold water
1. Sift together flour and sugar. Add chopped soft butter and rub in with fingers. Once the dough forms large clumps, sprinkle cold water and vanilla over the dough and knead lightly until a soft dough forms. Do not overwork the dough or it will be tough.
2. Let the dough rest at room temperature for about 10 mins.
3. Preheat oven to 325F.
To assemble cookies:
Semisweet mini chocolate chips
Regular size milk chocolate chips
Koko Kruch cereal
1. Pinch off about 2 teaspoonfuls of dough for each cookie. Embed 2 milk chocolate chips in the center of the dough.
2. Place the ball of dough on the baking tray. Use 2 Koko Kruch cereal pieces to form the ears, chocolate rice for the eyes and a mini chocolate chip for the nose.
3. Bake at 325F for 20 mins until the cookies are light golden brown.
Happy Halloween friends.